THIS ROUNDTABLE IS CLOSED.
FOR OUR CURRENT TOPIC, CLICK HERE! 🙂
If this is your first round table — welcome! We are glad you are joining us!!! Please take a couple minutes to read our Intro to Round Tables so you know what to expect and how our Round Tables work. The general idea is that in return for submitting an idea on the given topic, you’ll receive a compilation of everyone’s ideas! It’s a “give a little, get a lot” equation.
This time we are discussing:
MUSIC-BASED ACTIVITIES for
PRESCHOOL GYMNASTICS CLASSES!
Kids love music and it’s the easiest way to spice up the usual. What are the songs, compilations and corresponding activities that you love to use the most to get kids engaged?
Here are the 4 categories we’re going to use:
- Follow-the-lyrics/action songs like “Mousercise!” or “Listen & Move“! These are usually active & warm up type songs where the words in the song explain what you have to do. No extra explanation is required.
- Sing-songs with your own actions – so you can use a children’s song and then make it special by adding your own props, equipment or imagination to captivate the kids in your song & activity. For example, using “Over the River and Through the Woods” as music, we set up a forest of stack foam blocks and some skipping ropes for the river and have the kids weave throughout the blocks and leap over the river while the music plays!).
- Sitting/cool-down activities that are fun, but lower energy like Pass the Bean Bag. Often these are focused on good listening to the music!
- Something else entirely that you do with music for little ones!
WHEN YOU SUBMIT, PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Song Title and the Artist — bonus if you can include the album
- YouTube Link if you can find it!
- The Category the song/activity belongs to
- Any Additional Explanation (in case it’s not a simple follow-along song)
Feel free to submit as many songs as you like! 🙂
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, November 18
HOW TO SUBMIT: Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org (email, .doc or .pdf) by the deadline above.
** Please remember**
- Those who contribute a submission will get compilation of all the ideas I receive. Those who don’t, won’t.
- Please try to use proper spelling & grammar. I hate editing so please spellcheck and save my sanity.
- Be specific. Give enough details that other Rec Gym Pros can use your idea at their gyms.
- Feel free to submit more that one idea.
- Send photos/videos/links if you have them!
If you do not want your name & email credited below your idea, please let me know when you email your submission.
I look forward to your creative input! 🙂